Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

It's spring (sort of)

The temps are now up in the sixties, so it seems more spring-like. The snow could easily return, but for now it's sunny. The wind is often and on--today we have a somewhat brisk wind.
The birds have finally decided to eat out of my "bathroom sink" feeder, which is an old bathroom sink! I put popcorn and old bread out for them in the sink. For a long time, none of the birds would eat out of it. Then, a couple of days ago, I found sparrows hopping in and out of the feeder. So I put out more popcorn and bread. I'll try to get a picture.
The deer are mostly just passing through now. I find tracks most days, but only see them early morning or at dusk.
The land is turning green again! We don't get many months of green in Wyoming. Many years, the prairies turn purple in June from cheat grass, then brown in July as the prairie grass dies. So green is exciting!
Most of the activity right now is with birds. I am always checking out the bedroom window for birds at the "pond". They are enjoying the corn-on-the-cob I have left for them (birds are very good for eating the bread and other things you don't get around to eating in time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment